We need a green, competitive and resilient industry in Europe, now more than ever!
Carbon Contracts for Difference (CCfDs) can be a strong instrument to support carbon-intensive industries to invest in and operate green production technologies. How could an EU framework for CCfDs look like and how should EU CCfDs be designed to help build a resilient, European zero-emission industry?
These are some of the leading questions of a brand new study commissioned by MEP Henrike Hahn (Greens/EFA) which was conducted by Timo Gerres and Pedro Linares of the Institute for Technology Research (IIT) at Comillas Pontifical University in Madrid, Spain under the umbrella of Climate Strategies.
The study can be accessed here: http://gruenlink.de/2l3a
In this Expert Round Table we will present the main findings of the study and discuss the status quo of CCfDs and the opportunities that they can bring on national and European level. We will discuss CCfDs together with the study authors and selected guests from the German Federal Government, the European Commission as well as the European steel and chemical industry.
The guests will be:
- Michael Kellner, Parliamentary State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action
- Alexandre Paquot – Director, DG CLIMA.C – Innovation for a Low Carbon, Resilient Economy, European Commission
- Pedro Linares, researcher at the Institute for Technology Research (IIT) at Comillas Pontifical University and co-author of the CCfD study
- Axel Eggert, Director General EUROFER (European Steel Association)
- Marco Mensink, Director General Cefic (European Chemical Industry Council)
Webinar by Henrike Hahn, Member of the European Parliament
Language: English with German interpretation
Register via this link: https://gruenlink.de/2liu
We are looking forward to the discussion with you!